Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mountains

I've lived in Utah most of my life. The mountains are magnificent, but have always been the backdrop of scenery for me. I have never known anything different. I definitely have not taken advantage of our mountains, so Matt and I have decided to change that!

Every weekend, we want to go on  a new family-friendly hike that we have never been on before. We also plan to take vacations to places close to us, like Moab, while we are here in Utah. It's only a few hours away, and one of the top visited places in the world! We've got some fun vacations ahead!

Last weekend, we hiked up to Rocky Mouth Falls. It's right off of Wasatch Blvd and only a 20-30 minute hike up to the waterfall. The falls weren't so huge considering it was July, but Emma and Charlotte LOVED being in nature. We took some great pictures, too. 

Next weekend we will be discovering Secret Lake up Little Cottonwood Canyon! All I did was google "family friendly hikes in Utah" and it came back with about 7 hikes we could do. So exciting!! Yay for new adventures!!














Until next week!!

xoxo
The "hiking" Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment