Thursday, August 15, 2013

Matty and Emma

The day Emma was born, Matty looked at me and said, "Thanks for giving me my best friend, Rach". 

She's now 2 1/2, and that statement is more true than I could have ever imagined.

My Emma. She is silly. She is a complete goofball and will do the funniest things to get your attention. She has a wild imagination. If she notices she did something to make you laugh, she will do it over and over again, just to get more giggles. She secretly loves a big audience. She makes friends instantly by walking up to strangers and sitting next to them. She is a daredevil. She gets distracted easily. She likes to take her time. She is an observer of the world around her.

Matty. See Above.

Matt's parents can probably attest that Emma's attributes are a direct DNA match to him. They literally are best friends.

The other day as we were driving, she was pretending to reach for the door and right as she would touch it, she would fake giggle. Then, when she noticed Matt looking back to see what she was doing, she kept doing it, only with more gusto and effort, and MORE fake laughter. 

I slapped my hand to my forehead, and sighed... "We've created another Matt." 

We both just laughed, and Matt said, "I'm sorry, you're going to have two of us now."

When he said they were going to be best friends, he was right. They are best friends. They understand each other. They can be silly together without care of who is watching. I laugh just thinking about my future with these two characters. Oh man, am I in for a lifetime of laughter and silly antics!

BFF for life!




















No comments:

Post a Comment