Saturday, August 3, 2013

Herriman Beach

AKA

coolest new find ever

AKA

Black Ridge Reservoir

AKA

AWESOME.

While Matt was recovering from gallbladder surgery, my friend Anne invited me to go with her to this new lake type thing in Herriman. 

A lake? In Herriman? WHAAAA???

Yep. A lake in Herriman, a man-made lake, BUT a lake nonetheless. 

I was nervous to go alone, because water and Emma usually gives me Mommy anxiety. She doesn't quite understand the danger of it, and will go charging into water without a care. 

Luckily, she has accepted the use of a life-jacket apparatus that helps her float. She thinks it's pretty cool.

I must say, it was an unexpected success when everything went well and no one drowned OR had a melt down. I felt like screaming, "I Did It!" like Emma does when she does something new on her own for the first time. The prayers I said before leaving were the real reason everything went so smooth. I love when tender mercies like that happen in life! 

Anyways, we plan to go back in a few weeks with family and friends. I love free fun, and free, CLOSE fun is even better.

Emma and her Kami

Charlotte was a happy little girl the whole time!


Sister Love

Laughing at Emma 
Our view from the beach, it's all sand and the water isn't that cold!

People. I don't know them, but they seem to be enjoying themselves! 

One of her new pastimes, balancing one leg in the air as she plays with toys. Multi-tasker!

Emma's "safe" floaty, she loves it!

floating on her tummy. She loves the floaty because of this!


Herriman Beach was a complete success and I am so glad we went! It was a fun time, I highly recommend going before the summer is over! 

xoxo
The Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment