Friday, February 8, 2013

4 Months Old (Almost)

Charlotte is the cutest little nugget, and gets cuter every day! When she catches our eyes, her face lights up with the biggest smile! I. Just. Can't. Stand it!!

So stinkin' cute. 

She mastered rolling over last month, and has now moved on to rolling over and holding her head up. She loves it. I walk away for a minute, and return to find her 2 feet away of her original position on her tummy passed out. When she sleeps on her tummy, she goes into a deep slumber that not even the screams of her big sister can bring her out of. 

She is an extremely happy child. So happy and content, that I forget I have a 3 month old in my living room sometimes. Talk about low maintenance! 

I've learned to go with her flow. In the past, I have tried to feed her because it had been 2 hours and she "should" be ready to eat, but she would just smile at me as she spit out her milk and let it slide down her little cheekies. She would look at me like,


"Mom I was totally fine, not sure why you're trying to feed me. I'm just chillin' quit harshin my mellow. "


The only times she gets upset, is in the middle of the night when she wakes up to eat. She is ready to eat RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately I have to wake myself up and hurry to the kitchen to make her bottle, which according to Charlotte, is wildly unacceptable. 

I hear her mad cry when I make it back to the bedroom, but once she gets her food she falls back asleep as she gulps down her milk. 

She also is funny when she is really tired. She will fuss/cry when she is really sleepy. Almost like she is agitated that she isn't sleeping. We will usually move her from the floor to her chair or vice versa, where she will quickly fall asleep. 

Yep. That's it. That is our angelic child. You have my permission to be jealous. Frankly, I don't know how we lucked out with two mild girls. GIRLS... aren't they supposed to be divas? 

Maybe that will come in their teenage years, and in that case I will enjoy my easy children while they are young in preparation for their wild and dramatic teenage years. 













Oh, have I mentioned lately that I love being at home with my girls? Sure, I don't always get out of my pajamas (or EVER), and it has been a hard transition from having adult conversations to asking Emma not to color on the walls for the umpteenth time, BUT I am grateful that we don't have to worry about the cost of daycare for both girls. I am ecstatic that we don't have to wake up the girls at 6:30 a.m. to take them to daycare so that we can get to work on time. Emma has gone from waking up at 7 a.m. every morning to 8:30 a.m. and sometimes even 9 a.m. each morning. 















The best thing? I get to watch every moment of my girls lives as they learn, grow, and turn into sweet little ladies. 

The next time you see Matt, give him a huge pat on the back (or buns, whichever you prefer) for working so hard for us and making it possible for me to stay home. It has made all the difference in our lives, and there is no way that I could leave our girls right now. Matty, you are my hero!



















And now for your viewing pleasure, lots of pictures of our girls!!

































Until next time!

xoxo
The Twistles



No comments:

Post a Comment