Thursday, June 21, 2012

End Of June... Already?

We are almost at the end of June, it went by so fast! Our little family didn't do much this month, except for our tummy baby, she did a lot of growing, which in turn makes my tummy grow too! I wish the 2nd trimester never had to go away, I've been loving all this "easier" pregnancy stuff. The last week I have noticed that it's starting to get a little bit harder to move around as fast, and if I bend down to pick up something, it is near impossible to get back up! 

The positive side of getting bigger (I'm trying here), is that the baby is getting bigger, which means I am feeling much more movement all the time! She definitely has a schedule, and will kick/move early in the morning, then again around 3 or 4 p.m., and then wildly at night around 10 p.m. That has been really fun to feel again.

For Father's day, Matt and I went out to dinner on Saturday night for sushi at Happy Sumo-- our favorite place to eat sushi (many thanks to Owen and Crissy for watching Emma for us!) Then I took Matt to the sports store where we got him a new hat for Father's Day, he really likes hats. 

Every time I see this picture, my mouth waters for more! Stupid expensive sushi! (but oh so good!)

Matt's new hat-- taking him shopping for hats, is like taking me shopping for shoes. It's kind of an ordeal... after about 30 mins, he decided on this one.


Sunday, we attended Owen and Crissy's sacrament to listen to Crissy sing. She did an amazing job and truly brought the spirit with her beautiful voice, she is so talented! We also were able to see my cute, cute, CUTE niece and nephew Jessica and Mitch sing to Owen for Father's Day. They did great :) After that, we went home to take naps, and then headed up to Silver Lake for a stroll in the mountains. There was a small pile of snow left in the shade, and Emma was obsessed with it. Of course it was dirty and nasty, but we let her play in it anyways. She was not happy when we had to leave her snow pile. We came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Here are some pictures of June's happenings, I went through Emma's pictures of when she was 8 and 9 months old, and I just can't believe she is a little person now! We love her so much, and love being parents. Happy Summer everyone!



Emma (3 months) and Matty

We still love her "Emma cuddles"


Happy muffin!


Emma 16 months, learning how to use a fork!


taking it all in...


SO big!

singing!

Emma and Matty walking in the mountains

The fact that it was cold and wet, did not seem to bother her one bit


We had to walk all over the snow, over and over and over again :)





Reading her books, it was a diaper only night :)



I recently bought her some crayons and a coloring book, she LOVES to draw!




 Love you all!!
xoxo
The Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment