Friday, April 27, 2012

Popcorn Popping On The Apricot Tree



Spring is here! We have been having outstanding weather here the last couple days, and I have been loving it! The sunshine has been badly needed, and really helps my mood :) When I was little, I remember that spring was here when the Hyacinths buds started to pop out of the ground. My Mom and Grandma both had some planted, and I looked forward to the amazing smell of these flowers every spring. I still love the smell of these flowers, and the nostalgia of childhood they bring with their beautiful scent. 

Emma has also been loving the weather, because it means she gets to go outside! She is a nature baby, and loves to explore the world outside of our home. We have taken her to the park, and have spent almost every night on our porch in the evenings. We can't wait to take her up the canyon, and go on some nature walks with her this summer. 

I have started teaching her the song, "Popcorn Popping" and she has really enjoyed it. When I start to sing, she gets her hands out and does the popcorn motions almost perfectly. I love this girl so much. She loves music, and hearing new songs-- her favorite one with Dad is "The Hokey Pokey" which he sings to her during diaper changes so she doesn't try to escape. I'm not sure if it does much good though, because whenever he starts to sing it, she starts kicking and wiggling her legs to the motions of that song. 

She is the sweetest thing, and loves to cuddle and be with us. She is starting to comprehend our words, but just can't reciprocate them quite yet. When I ask her for a hug, she comes right over with her arms open wide and gives me a squeeze. She doesn't like being ignored however, and if she sees me on my phone instead of watching or playing with her, she comes right over and grabs my phone, puts it down, and then will grab for my hand to go walk with her. She really teaches me about what is important, and it has nothing to do with being on my phone.

Here are some pictures we took this week, we were going to go to the park last week, but when I got out of the car, I realized how hot it was outside. Also, I forgot the sunblock for Emma. Most of all, I remembered how much I hate the heat. We stayed for about 5 minutes, and then loaded up and went home to play on the porch, where there's shade :)










The tongue means business and total focus

She figured out how to climb under and over, and was so proud of herself!



Happy Spring to all of you! I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me!

xoxo
The Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment