Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The First One

It's been a little crazy here at the Entwistle home. Since being married in February, we have gotten prego, adopted another kitty (Sasha), delt with Matt's back injury (boo), gone on a few summer vacations (Bear Lake, L.A.), and most recently moved from our apartment in downtown SLC to West, West Jordan. The move proved to be too much for Sasha and she became stressed out, which caused her to get sick from an upper respiratory infection, which by the way, is highly contagious. Sasha is feeling better after an expensive trip to the vet, but now our other two kitties have the bug. It's so sad to have a full house of sick kids! They are both on antibiotics, and hopefully will start feeling better by this weekend.

We absolutely love the new place, I will take pictures and post them soon. It has such a home-y feel to it, and it's in a quiet neighborhood. I LOVE having a dishwasher, LARGE fridge, and a GARBAGE DISPOSAL!! Yeah!! Ahh, the simple things in life. There is also a washer/dryer in the condo, so no more crazy hoodlums using our washer machine! We are really trying to make our new home a place where the spirit can dwell, and our new baby can be at peace. We have recently started nightly scripture study, and I have already noticed how peaceful and calm our house is when we do this. We are reading Doctrine and Covenants, which I haven't read probably since High School, I have really loved it so far!

We are having a GIRL! So excited! I am currently 5 months, and I feel like I have a beach ball inside my stomach, inflating itself by the minute! It is such a cool thing to see my body change and accommodate our baby girl. It has not been easy, and I feel uncomfortable sometimes (ok most of the time), but I am so thankful and blessed that God has trusted us enough to raise one of his children. I am so excited to be in this point of my life that I can be entrusted with a baby. What a blessing! Matt is absolutely beside himself, and I know she will be daddy's little girl. He is really going to love her.

We haven't gotten the nursery ready yet, I figure we still have 4-ish months to go, we have time... right? Ok, that's the procrastinator in me, but seriously... I have time.. right? We have been lucky to get a lot of the big stuff from family and friends. My friend at work is giving us her crib, pack n' play crib, and a really nice rocking chair with an ottoman. My amazing sister is going to give me some stuff, if I ever make it up to here house in IDAHO (jeez...so far away). Or maybe she'll bring me down some stuff? That would be SUPER nice! All in all, we are so lucky to have great people around us so willing to help and donate their unused kid stuff! Thanks to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment