Friday, October 7, 2011

Ohana Means Family

On Saturday after we arrived in Illinois, Matt's Mom invited all of Matt's extended family over for a BBQ so they could see Emma, Matt, and I. Most of them weren't able to come to the wedding, so it had been about 2 years since we had seen them. Emma was passed around from Aunt to Aunt, Uncle to Uncle, etc, and didn't even mind. Matt's cousin Savannah has a son (J.J.) who is 9 months old, and Emma had fun playing with him. She was probably just jealous that he was mobile (he's crawling), and she hadn't figured that out yet. It was so great to see everyone, and the dinner was yummy! Emma loved seeing all the new faces.  I was also able to put faces to names, finally! We already miss you all so much!!

Emma and Aunt Kathy

Uncle Kenny and Aunt Tonya

Cute Lil J.J.!

The gang outside, up to no good I'm sure! :)





Savannah and JJ

Emma with Uncle Randy, love the expression!

Emma had to have his hat...

Ta-dah!
There were many more people there than what you see in the pictures, we just didn't get everyone captured on film! It was so good to see everyone, and we hope it's not 2 years again before we see you all again! I absolutely love Matt's family, they may be a crazy bunch, but there's nothing like Family. It reminds me of a quote that I love from one of my favorite Disney movies, Lilo and Stitch- "Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten." "This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good" 

 I love my own family, as well as Matt's. No matter what, family is always there for you. I am so thankful that Matt and I have an eternal family, and that we can be with Emma and our future kids forever. Our family is something that does not end when we die, I know I will see them after this life is over. It is a great blessing that I know I will not fully comprehend until I am able to partake of it in Heaven. Ohana means Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment