Saturday, November 3, 2012

Miss Charlotte Anne

She's here!!

(Granted, I forced her out like her older sister, but hey, don't judge)

I went in for my 39 week check up on 10/18/12, desperately wanting to have some kind of positive action happening so that I could be induced. I was so done being pregnant. After she checked me, I was still only dilated to a 1 and maybe 50% effaced. 

Luckily I have the coolest doctor ever, and she said, "you know what, you are 39 weeks, and I am fine inducing you now. Let me check to see if they can get you a bed tonight."

She left the room, and not joking, Matt and I both said a silent prayer asking that there was an open bed that night. She came back in quickly, so we thought it would be bad news. "Well, they have a spot for you and I've put you on the schedule! Just show up at 8 p.m. tonight and they'll start the induction."

Shock was the expression on my face. Holy crap, I was having this baby now! Matt and I went home, straightened up the house, got everything packed, and arranged for Emma to stay with my brother and sister in law. 

We went to Happy Sumo for our traditional "pre-baby-meal-until-you-can-eat-again" dinner and then headed up to the hospital. 

It's always fun to go to doctor's appointments at the UofU, because the CEO of the hospital has the same last name as us. The employees are always a bit more polite, friendly, and willing to go above and beyond for us because of course, they assume I am related to the CEO. So upon check in, we were greeted at the door by a friendly nurse that asked if I was "Rachel Entwistle" and walked me right to our room. I can't lie, so when our nurse asked if there was any relation to the CEO, I had to let her know that Uncle David would not be visiting us any time soon. :) It was a nice 20 minutes while it lasted. We still received amazing service during our stay. 

I was induced at 9 p.m., and had a slow progression until about 12 p.m. the next day. Everything went bizarrely well, I was kind of waiting for something to go wrong. I was able to sleep for most of the night, and then jumped from 4cm dilated to 9cm within 30 mins, and then 5 pushes later Charlotte was born! 

This time around was too easy, I was super blessed!

Things have been hectic here on the home front, but I think we are getting into a nice schedule and it can only get more normal from here. I definitely forgot how much I enjoy my sleep... now that I don't get it anymore! 

Emma loves her little sister, and always asks where the baby is when I get her out of bed in the mornings. She loves to give baby Charlotte kisses and help put blankets on her. 

Here's some pictures we took during our stay at the UofU Hotel Hospital:

Just starting the action...


Contractions and stuff.

Matt's luxurious sleeping arrangements... our nurse swapped this one out for a better one after we arrived...  Last name relation maybe?

Hi baby!!!

So in love.
And also SO tired.

Emma meeting her little sister for the first time, she brought her a stuffed squirrel and was so excited to give it to Charlotte.

Me with my girls... so precious

  We feel so blessed to welcome baby Charlotte into the world, we've been waiting to meet her for a long time! She is such a little angel and we love her so much already. More blogging to come, maybe.. when I get the time/energy/motivation!

The Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment