Tuesday, July 9, 2013

4th of July Celebration

WOW. 

I am so glad Sunday is our day of rest, because after this weekend, I need it! We had a very memorable 4th of July this year. It was really fun to spend it with my family. Matt, Emma, Charlotte, and Me. 

We are a pretty fun group, I will tell you that!

On the 4th of July, we hit up Riverton Town Days Celebration, where they had the whole park set up with carnival rides. Emma loved the carousel and wanted to ride only that the entire time. She would have gotten on the other rides her size, but adults weren't allowed to go on, and she was really hesitant to go alone. So we bought 15 tickets and used them all on the carousel! 

I loved watching her excitement as she chose the horse she wanted, climbed up, and let the wind blow through her hair as we went around, and around, and around. Childhood is truly the best, and I get to experience a little bit of it each time I'm with my girls. Each time I look at them, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for these two little spirits that I have the opportunity to call my own. 






Matt took Charlotte on the ride with us, but since she was in the frontpack baby carrier ... um thingie, he had to go up and down with the horse on the carousel. It was funny to watch, but Matt said she liked it and was holding on to the pole! :)








After the carnival, we had lunch and went swimming in Emma's little blow up pool. We wanted to give her a late nap, so that we could take her to the firework show later on that night. Let's just say, we really wore her out! She slept for almost 3 hours that afternoon!








The firework show was great, we got there around 8:30 and hung out until they started around 10:00. I was a little skeptical how the girls were going to handle the fireworks. Matt really wanted to take Emma and I figured she would enjoy it, but I was more worried about how Charlotte was going to handle it. She can be quite particular and I thought it was either going to throw her into a panic, or the complete opposite. 

She ended up really enjoying them! There were a few times she was startled by the sound, but she didn't cry once, and happily stayed up late until 10:30 when we got to the car. Emma was with Matt, and he said she started giggling when she saw the first firework light up the sky. She had a great time. I am so glad we went! It's good that I have Matt to drag me out of my introverted self sometimes and make fun memories with the girls. 








I LOVE this woman!






The rest of the weekend we spent lighting off fireworks, playing in the water, and spending time with family. It was an amazing 4th of July!! 



Action shot of Emma watching the fireworks! :D









I know it's long, but I recorded a bit of our fireworks we did as a family on Friday night. It's just me, showing off my handsome husband and adorable kids, no biggie :) I always feel so thankful and blessed when I watch these videos.







I love this picture! It so perfectly displays how life with children is always entertaining

Jessica and Charlotte. Charly looks uneasy, but that's just her normal, everyday serious expression





Esau/Entwistle firework show! It was raining just a bit, but not enough to hold us back from lighting off fireworks! Poor Bella puppy did NOT like the crackling fireworks, and tried to high tail it out of the yard a few times.


Protecting Charly from the fireworks, so cute!

Mitchell's rain protecting shield!

Isn't he handsome? My Matty!



This picture, and ones below, show the all-time 4th of July winning face! For some reason Charly made this expression with each firework that went off. I am thinking she didn't enjoy the smell of the fireworks, but who really knows! It was the cutest thing ever! Forgive me for the multiple pictures of her face, but I just think that they are all adorable in each shot! I couldn't stop laughing.





Emma also pulled out the cute card, when she started to scream, "OH A GOSH, FIREWORKS!" with each one that went off. I laugh at the things she comes up with out of nowhere, I have never heard her say this before! She is so smart and observant, and when she wants to say something, she doesn't hold back!







The Matt Massacre, all 3 kids were beating him up






Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I know we had a fun time, and can't wait for the 24th! Woohoo! 2 celebrations for us! Yay!

xoxo
The Twistles

No comments:

Post a Comment