Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Death by Chocolate

 I've  had a couple people ask for this recipe, so here it is- courtesy of Matt's dad :) 

1 lb. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I bought 2 12 oz. packages)
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 pint heavy cream
6 extra large eggs (room temperature)

-Spray spring pan with oil
-Whip eggs in blender and set aside
-Melt butter over stove until liquid, then add chocolate slowly and reduce heat so chocolate doesn't burn (I used about a bag and a half of chips for this part)
-When chocolate and butter are combined, add to whipped eggs
-Pour mixture into spring pan and bake at 375 degrees- 6 minutes uncovered and 12 minutes covered over a shallow pan of hot water. (I put tinfoil under the spring pan so no water got in).


-While that's baking, pour cream into a pot and heat just until scalding- remove from heat and add the remaining chocolate chips (I had a little less than half a bag, and only used about half of the cream) It should be a medium to thick consistency. Add more milk or chips until you get it to that point. 


-Remove spring pan from oven when finished, slowly pour cream/chocolate mixture over cooked chocolate


-Refrigerate until cake is firm (it takes a couple hours, I let set up overnight) and enjoy!!


I've only made this once, so hopefully it works out for you! It may take a couple of tries to get it just right. I am about to make a second one soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment